My Photo
Name:
Location: Media, PA, United States

I grew up all over the east coast until we settled in pennsylvania my sophomore year in high school. I then went to college at Oklahoma State, graduated, then moved back home for a couple of years to figure out what to do next and prepare for grad school... then on sort of a whim I applied to the peace corps and if all goes well I will be moving to africa in june 2007! I can't wait!! I love learning and being around animals and nature, I love my friends and most of my family :) I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe go to grad school in anthropology? Not sure about after that though. So, why go to africa? With plans like mine, why NOT go to africa??

Monday, March 19, 2007

On saturday I got up way too early after going to bed way too late and my dad and I went to the bank so he could pay off my car. Woohoo no more care payments!!! Maybe I can go to africa with five dollars!! The idea was originally to sell my car and worry about the no-car thing when I get back. Well, my dad liked the idea at first but then he didn't like it because he would loose money on the down payment and blah blah blah but he didn't want car payments or anything so he bought it, and early enough that now with my pathetic income it doesn't all have to go to my car anymore and I can start saving!!! Oh and a funny thing happened cause my dad tried to pay off the loan with his check card but apparently it has a limit on it so they wouldn't let him do it but the lady when he handed her his card looked at him like he was literally robbing a bank or something, she just stared and shook her head really slowly. I asked why it matters whether its a card or a check cause it's coming from the same account, but she didn't say anything she just stared at me with that same "oh my god i can't believe you're robbing a bank" look. I was like... oookay gues not... i'll just.... go then... LoL it was funny! (also what was funny was this morning at the gym this old guy was singing loudly to himself to music he was listening to on his headphones so of course he sounded really high-pitched, I don't think he even realized he was doing it, it was sooo funny and we were all laughing at him, it was really hard to keep a straight face when he started working out right next to me) So then Irene and Rachel showed up at the bank we just robbed aparently awith a checkbook, and afterwards we went to breakfast and I got yummy yummy eggs benedict!! Afterwards I went home and went downstairs and fell asleep to an old eppisode of dr. phil. I then had to get up to get ready for work, but I realized I hadn't checked my email yet. It was the first time in over a week I didn't check my email about 10 times a day looking for anything from the peace corps, since I mailed my polio stuff in last week. Well I checked my email and wow!! My toolkit on the peace corps website has been updated!! I checked, and as it was loading it occured to me that it could say that I'm not cleared... hmmm... but that fear passed a second later when it popped up that I am officially medically cleared for service!! Woohoooooooooooo!!! I've been working on medical clearance since september and here it is!! So since I am supposed to leave in june, I should get my invite really soon. I couldn't get a hold of the placement office today but I will try again tomorrow. I have to tell them my phone number has changed. Anyway!
Oooooh oh oh oh and I have other news!! I found this awesome peace corps group online that has a database of when everyone leaves for the peace corps, and what they do there and where they go. It's an extremely useful and at least partially accurate guide to where you may be going when you are nominated. So according to the guide I am either going to cameroon or burkina faso!!! I'm super excited about both!! YYyyaaaa!!! Burkina Faso or cameroon!!!! Isn't that great????

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I am pulling for Cameroon because it has such nice scenery there and it would be a blast to travel across the country to go and visit you. Also it is very hilly and not as flat as the other place, so in other words it is no Kansas.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home