My Photo
Name:
Location: Media, PA, United States

I grew up all over the east coast until we settled in pennsylvania my sophomore year in high school. I then went to college at Oklahoma State, graduated, then moved back home for a couple of years to figure out what to do next and prepare for grad school... then on sort of a whim I applied to the peace corps and if all goes well I will be moving to africa in june 2007! I can't wait!! I love learning and being around animals and nature, I love my friends and most of my family :) I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe go to grad school in anthropology? Not sure about after that though. So, why go to africa? With plans like mine, why NOT go to africa??

Friday, April 06, 2007

My address

Hey I just started reading the Burkina Faso welcome book and I discovered my address during training! Here you go all you letter writers, fire up those pens, find some cute stationary and prepare for some serious hand cramps as for probably the first time in years you write an ACTUAL LETTER as apposed to an email:

Katharine Heaton, PCT
S/c Corps de la Paix
01 B.P. 6031
Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso

note my name will probably be "Katharine Heaton" instead of Cassandra though I don't know if that will actually matter or not. Remember you guys if you care about me at all you should start writing letters about 3 weeks before I leave so I will have something fun to read during my first few weeks of being completely freaked out/culture shocked. Remember candy and comics are ALWAYS appreciated!!!

And of course my email is Catasyne_7@yahoo.com though I don't know how often I will get to check that.

I also discovered through this book that my living allowance will be $240 a month, plus $24 a month vacation allowance, and $60 quarterly for work-related travel. So that sounds pretty good to me, I thought I would be making 50 bucks a month or something and its nice to have that travel and vacation money too. They also discourage bringing extra money because you are supposed to "live at the level of the villager" which is fine with me since I doubt I will have any money when I leave anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

I am blown away at your courage! I have read through the details on the "country" you are going to, and can't wait to learn more. I thought it couldn't get any worse then no running water or electricity, but when I read about the sharing food and eating with your hands while there is no toliet paper I was HORRIFIED!
D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G! What was the song you used to sing for me?? Please remember it because you will most certainly need some laughing over there! Well, I look forwarded to writing you and hearing about your goings on. I wish you the best! I know you can do this!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Heather Ponzer said...

Hey there, it's Heather again. I was just wondering how you got so much info. It seems like you know a bit more than I do. Is there something we didn't get that tells you your address and living allowance...? Merci

2:37 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yeah how do you know so much about it because I am going earlier than you are and I don't have my address and neither does the other guy. did you find it on of those websites like you did before because I want to know my address.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home