My Photo
Name:
Location: Media, PA, United States

I grew up all over the east coast until we settled in pennsylvania my sophomore year in high school. I then went to college at Oklahoma State, graduated, then moved back home for a couple of years to figure out what to do next and prepare for grad school... then on sort of a whim I applied to the peace corps and if all goes well I will be moving to africa in june 2007! I can't wait!! I love learning and being around animals and nature, I love my friends and most of my family :) I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe go to grad school in anthropology? Not sure about after that though. So, why go to africa? With plans like mine, why NOT go to africa??

Thursday, April 26, 2007

packing list

Okay so like I mentioned in the last blog, I have most of the stuff I am bringing with me to the peace corps. I decided to post a draft of my packing list, just because I enjoy reading other peoples' packing lists so much and I find them very helpful :) I didn't add any quantities cause I really have no idea about that. I am going to try to go as lite as possible.

clothing

tank-tops/short-sleeve shirts
t-shirts (check)
blouses/button-down shirts
light, long skirts (check)
slip
light capris
jeans (check)
shorts (check)
chacos (check)
tennis shoes (check)
socks (check)
rain jacket (check)
bras (lots)
underwears (lots) (check)
sports bras
sleep outfit (check)
swimsuit (check)
belt (check)

Camping stuff

mosquito tent (rei bug hut 2) (check)
sleeping bag ( north face propel this bag is so AWESOME it is 1lb, synthetic, rolls up to fit in the palm of your hand and it was on sale at ems for 120!!(check)
sleeping mat ( ems crash pad the EXACT same thing as a thermarest for half the price(check)
very high spf sunscreen (I may have to continually have these sent from home if there isn't a good, strong brand readily available in burkina)
bug spray with deet (same as above)
tarp, one as a footprint and a huge one for a rain cover (check)
tarp rope, pegs
pocket knife (check)
water bottles (1 liter cyclones) (check)

technology

mp3 player creative zen sleek photo 20gb not sure how often I will ever use this, since my solio can't seem to charge it(check)
solio (check)
rechargable batteries (lots) (check)
battery charger that can work with solio (any suggestions?? anybody???)
hand-crank flashlight (check)
shortwave radio/clock/alarm
wristwatch
lantern?
headlamp (check)
digital camera (check)
large-capacity camera cards (2gb and 512)
UBS flash drive (?)
portable speakers (check)

other stuff

diva cup (check)
non-stick frying pan (check)
spatula (check)
peeler (check)
knife (check)
can opener (check)
sunglasses (2)
book of stamps
envelopes (check)
journals (2)
pens (check)
duct tape
ziplock backs (various sizes)
tupperware (various sizes)
scissors (check)
photo album to share
photo album to keep
towel (check)
games
pillow with pillow case

toiletries

shampoo/conditioner
toothbrush
toothpaste
dental floss
razer and blades (1/2 packs)
deoderant

luggage

duffle bag (check)
huge backpack (check)

teaching stuff

lesson planner
stickers (lots)
colorful pens/pencils
pencil sharpener
colorful paper
colorful markers
science text books
how-to-teach books
french/english dictionary
french text book
graphing calculator (check)

food stuff

mrs. dash
taco seasoning
italian seasoning
powdered drink mixes
candy/junk food

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home