My Photo
Name:
Location: Media, PA, United States

I grew up all over the east coast until we settled in pennsylvania my sophomore year in high school. I then went to college at Oklahoma State, graduated, then moved back home for a couple of years to figure out what to do next and prepare for grad school... then on sort of a whim I applied to the peace corps and if all goes well I will be moving to africa in june 2007! I can't wait!! I love learning and being around animals and nature, I love my friends and most of my family :) I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe go to grad school in anthropology? Not sure about after that though. So, why go to africa? With plans like mine, why NOT go to africa??

Saturday, July 21, 2007

random blog
heeey its me again. i have been coming here alot since i re-discovered the internet! anyway, so model school has officially begun; i co-taught on friday and it went pretty well, the kids understood me at least to the extent that i got all of the right answers out of them when i asked the questions at the end. sooo much better than the micro-teach where i got only blank stares and i panicked and my french completely went away and i felt like an idiot. on friday i had a pcvf almost write my whole lesson for me but this time i ran out of time and couldnt do that so it will be interesting to see if it goes as well when i actually have to write the lesson myself, or if it will end up more like the micro-teach.

anyway, only a few more weeks of training and then i am living at my site. its actually a really scary thought. i dont want to leave the trainees and the lcfs i have spent everyday with for months theyre the only thing i know about this country so its going to be sooo much different after stag.

aaahhhh okay im sick of having to delete stag and stageires, its french and people here speak french and i speak french or usually franglais now not english and these are two words i dont even ever think about in english anymore unless im writing a blog or an email so im just going to teach you the words now so i can use them and not have to keep changing them back to english: stag means training, stageires means trainees. stag, stageires... got it? okay good... moving on...

so its like you could totally hate stag and love your site or love stag and be miserable at site cause everythings really so different. at site i wont have electricity or other stagieres or the lcfs (trainers) that i have been spending all of everyday with since day one so im real nervous about moving to site but i didnt join the peace corps for the training i joined to move to a village so thats what im going to do its just going to have to be weird for a while i guess.

thank you for everyone who has sent packages and letters!! thank you thank you!! i have received four packages so far and a lot of letters and thats more than almost everyone and people hate me for it and that makes me very happy so thank you!! thanks to you i now eat granola bars every day and drink delicious creamy goodness in my coffee every morning instead of disguisting instant watered down nescafe crap! so thank you! the letters and packages really do make me very very happy everyday :)

anyway dont know what to say.. kinda like in the states, im completely out of underwear so i guess im going to have to faire my lessives (do the laundry) today when i get back. a stagiere explained why we have to say faire my lessives in franglais and we never say were doing the laundry because here fairing your lessives means putting omo in a bucket of water and scrubbing the lessives and rinsing them in another bucket, doing laundry means throwing dirty clothes in a machine and pushing a button then throwing the wet clean clothes in another machine and pushing a button. theyre two very different processes and so they have different names even though they technically translate as the same thing.

aaanyway only eight minutes left so im going to roll. enjoy america for me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home