My Photo
Name:
Location: Media, PA, United States

I grew up all over the east coast until we settled in pennsylvania my sophomore year in high school. I then went to college at Oklahoma State, graduated, then moved back home for a couple of years to figure out what to do next and prepare for grad school... then on sort of a whim I applied to the peace corps and if all goes well I will be moving to africa in june 2007! I can't wait!! I love learning and being around animals and nature, I love my friends and most of my family :) I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe go to grad school in anthropology? Not sure about after that though. So, why go to africa? With plans like mine, why NOT go to africa??

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

site announcements and the fourth!!

so its the first holiday away from the states and more importantly its site announcement day!! thats the day we learn where we will be living for the two years. my site is the second farthest north of all the new secondary ed people and i also one of only two people living with a host family. this weekend were meeting our counterparts in ouaga and then im headed back up to the sahel to my home sweet home for a few years!! im excited all i asked for was a small village with no electricity and it sounds like i got what i wanted as much as possible, in general ed people dont get tiny villages but my village only has 2000 people in it plus its north which is more rural than the south in general. im also excited about being close to ouhigouya so i can visit my current host famly a lot. Also im going to be near camels! a current volunteer said my place has some camels and the regional capital to the north has a lot of them. so other than that, its the fourth of july today and were having a party in a village tonight to celebrate america day so thats exciting. i havent been to that village before so its even more exciting for me. its funny though how we have to go all the way down to ouaga for the counterparts workshop and then we turn right around and go back up to the sahel for the site visit. i will write more when i see my site. just a few more days!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home