My Photo
Name:
Location: Media, PA, United States

I grew up all over the east coast until we settled in pennsylvania my sophomore year in high school. I then went to college at Oklahoma State, graduated, then moved back home for a couple of years to figure out what to do next and prepare for grad school... then on sort of a whim I applied to the peace corps and if all goes well I will be moving to africa in june 2007! I can't wait!! I love learning and being around animals and nature, I love my friends and most of my family :) I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe go to grad school in anthropology? Not sure about after that though. So, why go to africa? With plans like mine, why NOT go to africa??

Sunday, July 22, 2007

helloooo again ya im writing two blogs in two days can you tell im bored? well lets see today i got up a few minutes after 6 and i thought i had overslept my alarm until i remembered its sunday. i couldnt fall back asleep after that though so i just hung out in bed till 7:30 then i got up and ate what remained of breakfast with the delicious yummy coffee creamer i got from the states (thank you!!) then everyone was out doing things and im officially out of underwear and i had a small mountain of it under my table in my room and the thing about underwear here is youre not allowed to wash it in front of people cause they freak out so youre supposed to wash it when you take your bucket bath but i had so much this morning that when everyone was gone i just filled up two buckets of water, brought them to my room and washed my underwear there and hung everything up on my misquito net. there was a lot of laundry though and it took a long time to wash and then immediately after i came outside my mom told me to do my laundry. ssooo i brought all my non-underwear laundry outside and started scrubbing that but by that time my hands were getting raw and red from all the water and scrubbing and half way through they started to bleed so i told my mom i cut myself on something and the bond finished the laundry for me so that was nice. after that i finished cleaning my room and swept it for the first time in five weeks. this is after a dozen or so sandstorms. lets just say there was a very large pile of dirt at the end. after that i worked on my lesson plan until lunch and then i came here. so i feel very ackomplished today and i have to say fairly confident in my ability to teach a whole lesson tomorrow. i practiced a few sentences in front of my mom and later im going to recite the whole thing to make sure it is understandable. for lunch my mom made tamarin juice with filtered water and it was good but its messing with my stomach right now. eating and drinking here can be tricky. americans get sick very easily off of this stuff i have been lucky so far my family does a good job preparing everything so as to not make me sick and im very grateful for that.
well not much else to report since yesterday.
okay well hope everything is going well in the states. if anyone is so inclined you can send me stuff to cook with like spice packets so i never have to eat to again! okay bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home